CEREC Same-Day Crowns – Alexandria, IN
Beautiful Crowns Without The Hassle
Whether you’re a parent, student, or you just have a packed schedule, it can be difficult to find the time to schedule multiple dental appointments over the course of several weeks to receive a dental crown. At Martinez Dentistry, we take pride in making our patients’ visits convenient, fast, and thorough, which is why we equip our office with the latest technology that the dental world has to offer, including CEREC technology. This modern system allows us to craft beautiful and customized crowns in-office. That way, you won’t have to visit us multiple times for a single procedure! To learn more about our CEREC technology or whether you can benefit from same-day dentistry, contact our office today.
Why Choose Martinez Dentistry For CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Sedation Dentistry Available
- High-Quality Materials
What is CEREC Technology?
CEREC stands for chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics. There are several components which goes into providing same-day crowns to our patients, including high-tech imaging equipment, software, and even a machine built to carve your restoration to our specifications. Within a single appointment, we’re able to build restorations that fit amazingly, last longer, and are stronger than the average quality you would receive from a dental laboratory. Here is a breakdown of the three major pieces of our CEREC process and how they work:
- Acquisition Device: This is a high-quality camera and computer that we use to photograph your prepared tooth. With it, we’re able to make 3D models of your tooth to transfer to the computer screen and alter your restorations digitally for a precise and accurate fit.
- CAD/CAM Software: Computer-aided design and manufacturing technology allows us to use the 3D images we made to create an accurate blueprint that we will use to craft your new restoration.
- In-House Milling Machine: Our in-house unit allows us to create your customized restoration from a block of dental porcelain within 15 minutes while you wait.
How Can You Benefit From CEREC Crowns?
CEREC technology is incredibly efficient, allowing our patients to minimize the time that spend at our office without sacrificing the quality of the restoration. Some other benefits that our patients are able to enjoy include:
- No need for a flimsy temporary restoration.
- Made from durable and natural-looking ceramic.
- Minimally invasive procedure.
- Conveniently completed in a single office visit.
- Cost-effective restorative solution that lasts for years.
- Leaves more of your natural tooth structure intact.
- Made from biocompatible materials.
What is the Procedure Like?
We’ll begin the procedure by preparing your damaged or affected tooth by removing decay and shaping it. Using our acquisition device, we’ll capture images and take digital impressions of your mouth. With the images that we’ve collected, we will design your new restoration digitally and transmit the blueprint to the milling unit, which we will have prepared with a block of porcelain that precisely matches the color of your natural enamel.
Within 15 minutes, the milling machine will have crafted your new dental crown and we will be ready to permanently place it on your tooth. However, before we do that, we’ll double-check the fit and color to ensure that it meets our standards. We’ll polish the restoration and cement it to your natural tooth, completing your restored smile without needing another visit!